Sunday, June 26, 2011

[Open] STCC ² - Jyllandsringen

The site hosted an open RacingFR Thursday, June 23, 2011 on the tour of Denmark, Jyllandsringen, which is available with the pack STCC2 recently released by SimBin. This circuit is very tortuous but allows great battle in the race. It is very well finished, well modeled, though bright, probably one of the best creations of the game Race 07.

What could be driving on this circuit recently developed by Swedish studio? Well, we had the choice of every car Championship STCC of 2010! The Chevrolet Cruze was available, and the sublime VW Sirocco without forgetting the Peugeot 407, Opel or the Seat ... well I did not list all brands / cars available because there are not bad.

Testing and Qualifying

After the free practice, everyone realized that the VW was the best car! So a lot of drivers have chosen the German mark. My free practice went well because I was more into the rhythm with my Peugeot 407! Qualification took place on a single lap and as many say that we should not wallow! My lap was pretty good except for one corner where I turned the sub-... but I still qualified 8 of 16 pilot position. The front grille is the trustee for VW armada ...

Race 1

After reading the book by Alain Lefebvre (SIMRACING), I followed his advice in choosing a realistic goal for this Open. So I decided to try to make regular tours and a clean race. It looks crappy goal, right? But in fact, it's super difficult (well for me). Unfortunately, there are other drivers on the track that do not have the same goal ... and even if you have all good intentions, this is not enough because you need to know to avoid the seeds. short, we must be lucky.


Jyllandsringen1-1


At the start of the first race, a driver on my right is a 180 °!? I can avoid it and damage my car just did not need ... The pilot later explained on the forum that the wheel was not in position 0 at the time of departure. So the wheel was turning a lap without noticing.

A few turns later and is the cacophony of drivers with more or less in bulk. I can not avoid the VW in front of me that surprises me with an emergency brake. I start slipping and Opel (driver 49) can in turn avoid me and hit me hard. Suspension damaged. Super ... not even a tower and have disabilities.


On the grid, I occupied the 8th position after the first corner I was 10 and after contact with the Opel, I found myself at the 14th place ... Ahhh it's beautiful goal.

Jyllandsringen1-2
So I'm leaving in late position and make my way among the cars that go slower than me. I am surprised by my race pace and up for lost time, it's nice. I listened to Sun in preparing this Open for the race and not qualifications or lap. It does no good to slam a super lap if it is to go in the bin the next round.

The race lasts 20 minutes and there is 17 laps with a mandatory pit stop. It was at this pit stop that everything changed. For a lot of drivers, it was a disaster. Yes, you have to train to do tricks regular but we also find the pit entry and work. Not to mention starting to train with the clutch ... so I made a lightning stop changing my tires just before and it allowed me to finally take the 7th place finish!


Race 2

Having finished the 7th place, we reverse the grid positions for the first eight of the race 1 and then I find myself in 2nd positron before departure. I've never had so many cars in my mirrors. Alas, when the green lights go out, I skate and I left completely loupe. After the first corner, I hold the 6th place but at least I avoided a big pile behind me.

Jyllandsringen2-1
A few turns later and I have to avoid a VW (driver 31 years) who left in a spin after a collision with a Chevrolet (driver 40). I touch the car by doubling the outside but nothing serious. The new smoke implanted in the update is quite striking. At times, we see nothing so this is a cloud. SimBin added a lot of effect is really nice.


I take my race pace and has a solid place 7. I caught up with the same drivers before and I hope to seek a 4th place. Amazing with my little Peugeot 407. My tracks are not bad, my race is clean and now I finally get behind the furious!

Yessss, I can Bastard, while respecting each other. No need to rush. Do I go back to the pits? No, I want to participate in the fight to quit wasting time. My brakes are good, I do not take risk and do not want to screw up the race and the other at the same time, mine.

Jyllandsringen2-2
Unfortunately, VW's pole sitter (53) behind me is very urgent! The driver is not patient enough and gets caught by the pace a bit slower due to the furious. I feel an impact in the back. 407 from the left, then right, I try to balance the body. It continues to the left and right but I'm starting to recheck the matron. All this happened in 1 or 2 seconds.

However, the driver of the Volkswagen leads me the coup de grace in Alimentary me in the back and this time, the shock is more violent and I can not keep control of who goes Peugeot hit the stack tires at the pit entry.

Holy shit! The offending driver waiting for me but I decided to make my pit stop because I am at the entrance of the pits. I returned in late position and I crossed swords (well, aluminum and carbon) with another VW Sirocco. Definitely.

Jyllandsringen2-3
It goes faster than me, for sure. I keep the inside of the turn but it takes the path as if I did not exist!? I brake too late, light Touchette and both cars go on lollipop but inconsequential. In the end, I can still hang in the Top 10. By the way, you can enjoy the new effects of smoke in my face style above.

This report does not can be a good idea of ​​my two races because, despite the incidents that we can see in this article, I realized my goal was to make regular tours. 34 laps in total (2x17), I made only 7 laps very means which are due to clashes and adventures I had. In fact, there was that the first round of the first race where I screwed up. For the rest, I have suffered ... And I remember above all a great evening with lots of adrenaline.

Qualification: 8 / 16
Race 1: 7 / 16
Race 2: 10 ° / 16

No comments:

Post a Comment